Monday, June 18, 2007

WHAT LIES IN STORE FOR OUR HERO?

It has been several months since I have written anything for my little corner of the internet. Not that it matters. I am fairly certain that I am the only one that reads this tripe. That, however, is quite alright. I write for myself. Any feedback that I may receive is an added bonus. If my intentions were to receive pats on the back from the various people in my life, I would have left this business on myspace. Since my last installment, I graduated from KU, (hold your applause) and I am currently in the process of fine tuning my resume and searching for a legitimate job. Thats right! No more slinging pizza for this man. (hopefully!) As it turns out, finding a job can be rather difficult. I have reluctantly discovered that the summer can be a rather dull period for a person that has neither a job nor class to attend. My days are usually spent in front of the computer, printing and mailing resumes, reading, or keeping myself busy otherwise.
One problem that I have encountered is the question of what to submit a company as a writing sample. I have found that much of my writing is overly cynical, obscene or inappropriate in some other fashion. I have examples of schoolwork that I have written over the years, but I doubt that a potential employer would like much to read about quixotic figures in 18th century literature. Boring, uninspired writing such as this may be my last resort. Of course, this is not something that I even have to worry about at this point, as I have yet to receive interest in a writing sample from a potential employer in the first place. My current situation is quite disheartening, but I suppose it was never meant to be simple. I am sure that something will come along eventually. I just do not like to play the waiting game.

No comments: